Saturday, March 28, 2009

Training in Lance Armstrongs' Territory


After a well deserved week off in San Francisco, I travelled to Austin, Texas for a two week “getting back into it” training camp. My buddy Brant Speed, a former college runner who now turned into a strong cyclist, accomodated us at his place. We did several rides together and he showed us the crowded but amazing SXSW music festival that was going on last weekend. I really like the city of Austin but also need some time to get used to the many stop signs and traffic lights around here.

I was also very sad to hear the news about Mr Lance Armstrong crashing- he is back here in Austin, so my dream of going for a ride with him has to wait a bit longer...

Some other triathletes are down here for some early season training but I wasn’t able to meet too many of them. So apart from the riding, my training is a bit boring at the moment. The first week was still very easy to get back into it but this week is already kinda normal again. So once I will continue my trip in Florida, I will be training the bigger volume again. As it seems right now, my legs recovered pretty well from my first Ironman experience 2.5 weeks ago.
Despite my plantar fasciitis issues- that seems to be more or less the same. I tried some additional approaches to get healthy but it just seems like an endless story to me. Luckily there is no stress for me- there are two more criteria I have to fulfill in order to keep my A level status in Luxembourg and that should be doable.

As planned, I will race 3 races during my stay in Florida and then enjoy another easy week before heading back to Europe for my summer prep camp.

Alicia is working quite a bit to get me situated and soon my new webpage will be launched- so we are both very excited about it and can’t wait until we can share it with you!
That’s it for now- I will keep you guys up to date with all my racing, training and traveling.
Sign up for my twitter- so you know right away what's happening in my life and get the latest news!

I will see you later,
Dirk

No comments: